TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status, Apply Online 2022 @ tnpds.gov.in: Nowadays everyone knows that the central government moving forward digitalization.
As a result, the Government of India has launched various schemes and programs. The main purpose of digitization is to bring transparency in the system. For this, the general public will get the benefit of government projects without any harassment.
Now leaders in many states are being inspired by this digitalization. That’s why the Tamil Nadu state government has taken the initiative and started planning to digitize ration cards. Chief Minister Sh. M.K. Stalin has set an example for other states by the digitalization of the TN PDS Ration Card 2022.
In this article, we have covered all the important issues such as status of online ration cards, the application process, how to edit details if already applied, etc. Which will make your application process easier.
Note: Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System Authority Department has issued TNPDS Smart Ration Card. The TN government has started the process of applying for ration cards online. The Digital Ration Card scheme was announced in 2021.
Table of Contents
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status Overview
|Scheme Name||TNPDS Smart Card|
|Initiated By||Public Distribution System|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Tamil Nadu|
|Aim||Digitalization of Ration Card|
- Eliminate hunger and starvation in Tamil Nadu.
- To protect the citizens from the evils of rising prices of essential commodities.
- Providing affordable internal fuel such as kerosene.
- Ensuring easy access for cardholders to fair price stores.
- Ensuring affordable prices of essentials, especially for the poor.
- Ensuring the availability of required products at the right time every month.
Types of TNPDS Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
In Tamil Nadu, four types of ration cards are issued to the citizens through which they can get the ration at the fair price from the approved government shops.
- Green cards – This card is issued to the citizens who get rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS). Antodaya Anna Yojna cardholders also lie in this category.
- White cards – This type of cardholder get extra 3kg sugar over the prescribed quota.
- No commodity card – This card is not entitled to draw any commodity from ration shops.
- Khaki cards- This one is issued to the police personnel up to the rank of inspectors.
Documents Required to apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card
Here is the list of documents required by an applicant to apply for Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card. If you do not have the required documents, you could not register.
- Aadhar Card of family members
- Pan Card
- Photograph of family members
- Bank passbook of family head
- Caste/Category certificate
- Family Income certificate
- Recent Electricity bill
How to Apply for TNPDS Ration Card?
Citizens of Tamil Nadu must be aware of the process to apply for a new TNPDS Digital Ration Card. Here are the simple steps to apply for a new digital ration card.
- First of all, go through the official website at www.tnpds.gov.in
- Then, click on Smart Card / Electronic Card Application Services.
- Click on the link titled “Apply for New Smart Card”.
- Fill in the required details and upload the documents.
- Thereafter, submit the application form and a Smart Card Number will be generated.
- Take a printout of the same for further use.
How to check TNPDS Smart Card Status Online?
Once you apply for a smart ration card you will have to wait a few days. You can also check the status of your form by following these steps:
- Open your browser and go to tnpds.gov.in
- Then select Smart Card Application Services.
- Then click the link for Smart Card Application Status.
- Fill in the reference number received at the time of application registration.
- Once you submitted the details your smart card status will be shown.
How To Download TNPDS Smart Card?
Here is how to download and print a smart ration card from the website.
- First, go to tnpds.gov.in on your browser
- Then select REPRINT SMART CARD.
- Then click the link for Reprint Smart Card.
- Then fill in your registered mobile number & captcha code and click “Submit”.
- Once you submitted the details you will receive a One Time Password immediately.
- Put your OTP and click “Submit” and you will get your ration card for download.
In this way, you can reprint Smart Card Status.
How to add or delete members in TNPDS Smart Card?
If you want to edit details such as adding a new family member, changing address, removing family members, request status, etc. The following steps can be taken.
- Go to the official website of TNPDS.
- Then select Smart Card Related Services.
- Choose the option you want to edit.
- Then enter your registered phone number.
- An application form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the details you want to change that’s it.
If the applicant has any problem with applying for smart ration card, downloading and others, contact the official website and the given number.
- Official Website of TNPDS – www.tnpds.gov.in
- Helpline Number of TNPDS – 1967 ( or ) 1800-425-5901